Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Bienvenidos!

Hola amigos! Bienvenidos a mi blog y mi aventura en Argentina!  It´s hard to believe that I´m even really here right now.... I´m truly so far away - in a foreign land in a very big world.  My 12+ hour flight has landed me in the breathtakingly beautiful city of Mendoza.  Mendoza is known as ´wine country´ (muy perfecto!) and is also called the land of the sun.  I´ve constantly been asked (en espanol) ¨why¨ I´ve chosen to study in Argentina.  I really don´t know why.  The offer was presented and I immediately seized it.  Without knowing the what, why, how, or even where, I´m so thrilled, nervous, scared, anxious, and oh yes, excited, to be here!  For the next month, I will be studying SPANISH.  No one here, including my host family, speaks an ounce of English.  You can imagine what my first few days have been like since I, on the other hand, speak very very very (un poquito) Spanish.  

There is so much to share... The lifestyle here is so very different, nothing like ours in America in many ways.  In addition, accessing the internet is not a priority, therefore, I will blog when I can.  Here´s a photo to start you off...... 

To enter Mendoza, we had to fly from Santiago, Chile, over the Andes Mountains.... Truly breathtaking.  Right now, Mendoza is experiencing autumn so the mountains are already capped with snow.......  

.....................................................
FOR FUN.... and for my next entry,
Do you know what a SIESTA is?  
In Argentina, people take a siesta every day, usually between 2 and 4 hours each time!
.....................................................

 

No comments:

Post a Comment